Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

We rang in the new year last night with some Great friends. I am thankful that finally 2011 has begun...onward bound. I got my NEW calendar in the mail yesterday. Rob and I have elected not to be part of genetic procedure that would potentially come at the end of our process. I have realized that I haven't explained our process thoroughly since starting this blog. So from the beginning....Rob and I have elected to go through Invetro Fertilization or IVF. The doctor who has ran multiple tests on the both of us and has concluded that we have a 1% chance of getting pregnant on our own. After spending the last 3 years of our lives trying to get pregnant I am excited that we have a doctor who is 80% sure he can get us there. On January 14th we will drive to Spokane to attend a class on how to give injections. Everyone who knows me is well aware of my horror of needles, thankfully Rob has stepped up and will be the one giving me my daily injections. We are on schedule to start our medications on January 21. Once I start the injections I will start blood and ultrasound testing approximately every other day to monitor my Folicle (Egg) count. Once the doctor sees the Folicles where he wants them we will schedule the Egg Retrieval. This is the process of extracting the eggs from me to be fertilized in a lab. Thankfully I will be sedated for this process as it can be pretty uncomfortable. The day after the Egg Retrieval is considered Day one of our pregnancy. The doctor's will watch our little embryo's grow each and everyday and if we have enough viable healthy embryo's by day 5 we will transfer two of them back to me. After a successful transfer there is a 2 week wait before we can have a blood test done to determine whether it has all been successful! I will keep you updated with all our progress. Thank you all for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment