Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Bang for your Buck

On Friday we showed up for our blood work and ultrasound and the nurse took both of us back. When we got into the ultrasound room the doctor looked at both of us and commented on how high my HCG levels are and then proceeded to ask how many embryo's we transferred. Rob instantly turned white and took a seat right next to me. I answered only two and the doctor began the ultrasound by checking my ovaries. They both have managed to go back down to a normal size finally and then there they were both on screen. Our two beautiful twins. Funny because the doctor kept looking around for more putting Rob in suspense. As we finished up determining that there were only two of them in there Rob proceeded to grill the doctor about whether or not these two could possibly split. The doctor thinks it is very unlikely but our twins look real good! We leave the office and LeAnn, our nurse coordinator, came over to find out the results and congratulated us "More bang for your buck" and "instant family" were her condolences. What a surprise that both our embies did so well and are growing and burring themselves into their new home. We are overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation. It is still early and the possibility of losing one of them is very real but we can hope for the BEST. Friday February 25th I fell in love in a way I cannot describe and I am so excited for this next part of our journey with my best friend. Next week we get to hear heart beats so stay tuned! Oh and isn't heartburn a joy...I would like to thank TUMS for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment