Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Change and more Change

Well it has been awhile and as most of you can imagine I have been so busy that I barely have time to eat let alone update a blog...but things have change significantly since yesterday. I am no longer employed by Benton County but as of today I work for Austin and Jason Oliver. That is right I am going to be a stay at home mommy. For those of you who know me BEST your jaws are probably hitting the floor right about now. I want to start by saying that this was never part of the plan but life has thrown us a curve ball. I have always been a planner. Since birth I came out with a schedule and a plan. I do believe that I have hated change since birth...even if it is my choice. Thankfully I have the support of an amazing husband who is extremely supportive and understanding of my hesitation into this new world of limited adult interaction. I am a social butterfly so I am really worried about how I am going to handle not having an adult life. I know the stay at home mommy's out there have had a moment of selfishness when they were sad about leaving behind the working world. I stood outside the Courthouse last night after my last day of working my very favorite of all my jobs and I cried. I cried when I said good bye to my co-workers and the whole way home. I have worked very hard to get to where I was at in my professional life. I am not saying that I love it more than my children because I don't. I am saying though that a piece of me died yesterday on the steps of the Courthouse. I believe that piece is Independence and whatever it is that gives us a sense of accomplishment. I know that I need to mourn my old life and trust me I have been. Time heals all wounds as they would say. Today I am just sad, I will miss my career and social life that followed suit. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure out this whole domestic thing....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment